10 Second Carpet Freshener

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/05/10-second-carpet-freshener.html
This is a really quick fix!

I was laying in front of the TV one evening, and I noticed that the carpet SMELLED TERRIBLE!

My quick and super easy fix, is to sprinkle some scented powdered laundry detergent over the carpet


Detergent is not normally a de-greaser, so it won't attract grease. I do this sometimes shortly before I vacuum, as it freshens my vacuum cleaner too.



Now I'm sitting in my home, typing this up, and my place smells Spring Fresh!

If you dislike the idea of powdered laundry detergent, you can try baking soda and essential oil, but I find that the baking soda does not mix well or smoothly with the EO. It gets chunky and is hard to mix. 

For a QUICK fix, I think that laundry detergent works best.

Good fix for a piano student or a party or sudden guests! You can vacuum it up quite easily- no grease. Hope this works for you - let me know how it goes!