DIY Custom Potholders

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/05/diy-custom-potholders.html
I've always wanted to make potholders that match my kitchen style, so on a whim, I grabbed some quilter's fabric on sale at JoAnne's to try my hand at it....

I measured two rectangular 8x10 sections of the fabric (used an old potholder as a guideline because I wanted much bigger ones than I had.
I used quilter's fabric because it already has some batting for heat protection in it.


I added a little more batting because you know....OVEN HEAT!
(the fabric is two sided, just FYI)


Stitched three edges together, inside out


Clipped the corners...


Turned it right side out



Tucked in the open edges, and stitched it all the way around. (about 3/8ths of an inch seam). 


And that was that! Pretty easy and customizable!