Dresser makeover

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/05/dresser-makeover.html

 Happy Monday everyone!

This is a project I did a few years ago, and I found it in my picture archives yesterday!

I did this awesome dresser makeover for my nursery makeover.

I got this old dresser off of Craigslist for $30:


I paid that much for it because it was really well made - it had dovetail joints, smooth sliders and was really solid! I also think it was all real wood - no veneer. Some of the drawers were chipped, but that was okay for me.


I plan to keep the top row of drawers and have the bottom two shelves open for basket storage!

I sanded it:


Took out the drawer handles and filled the holes with wood filler, then sanded those:


I ripped out the center tracks on the bottom two shelves and glued down strips of thin plywood (feathered with wood filler and then sanded the edges),




And put on a thin coat of my paint color (Heavy Cream by Olympic) on the dresser and drawers.
Did a second coat, added hardware to the top drawers, and put baskets on the bottom shelves.


I think it turned out great! It is to be a changing table and storage piece.  
You can see how it looks in my nursery makeover!

Do you have a neat dresser makeover that you've done? Link to it in the comments so I can see!